Thursday, October 29, 2009

how we met


My dream was to travel. As soon as I had a job and some money I started doing just that and my first destination, and my first real vacation in ten years, was Peru. I had always wanted to see Machu Picchu and Peru in general so I got a few friends together and we planned our trip for early August 2008. Our first destination was Lima to Cusco and then the next day off on the 4 days Lares Trek to Machu Picchu. We went for our briefing the night before and someone said “oh and Jose will be your guide.” I turned around and there he was and I was smitten. I felt safe and comfortable with him leading our group and he took good care of us, and of me. When I was really cold he gave me his pants, and when I was sick in Aguas Calientes he checked on me and then he invited me out (with the group) for the night the trek was over (7th). Anyway I ended up meeting him at the bar and then we went dancing and long story short we hit it off and decided to date long distance. My plan was to come back to see him the following summer but he asked me to visit earlier...so i returned to see him for the 2008 holidays. Click on my When We Met Album to see our pics (via picassa) from when we first met. You can also access the same photos by going to the photo page and viewing the embedded slideshow there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment